by William Murmann, CAA President
Our officers and board extend a cordial invitation to our club’s Annual Convention at Letha House this coming Saturday, July 26.
- Registration will start at 2 PM
- At 3 PM, CAA Past President Mike Williams will be giving a presentation about star charts.
- After Mike’s presentation, our Observatory Director Jay Reynolds will offer training instructions on the proper way to open and close our observatory roof and on using our observatory telescopes.
- At about 5 PM, we will have our Potluck Supper. The club will provide grilled hot dogs, brats, and sausages–plus buns, lemonade, cups, paper plates and napkins, utensils, and condiments, etc. If you plan on participating in the potluck, please bring a covered dish or dessert that can be shared with a group.
- After supper, we will have a raffle of items donated by astronomy equipment vendors.
- After the raffle, we’ll have time for socializing and setting up equipment, etc. before our star party.
Letha House is an enclosed, air-conditioned shelter that has drinking fountains and two modern, indoor restrooms. We have an all-day and night reservation for the shelter and grounds.
Hope to see you there!